1. Trench warfare caused the immobilization of troops on the (1 point)?
1. Trench warfare caused the immobilization of troops on the (1 point)? 1. Trench warfare caused the immobilization of troops on the (1 point)
Middle Eastern desert.
mountains in Russia.
2. After the war, Britain ruled Iraq and Palestine as (1 point)
colonies, which they received as part of Germany's war reparations.
mandates on behalf of the League of Nations, but did not down the territory.
indirect rulers, which allowd the two nations some semblance of autonomy.
direct rulers, leading to much animosity that still exists today.
3. ___, the aggressive preparation for war, was growing along with nations' armies. (1 point)
4. The Red secret police, known as the Cheka, began (1 point)
infiltrating the governments of Russia's enemies as spies.
to plot against Lenin almost immediately after he came to power.
to restore order to Russia after years of civil war.
a Red Terror campaign to destroy all those who opposed the new regime.
5. Under the leadership of ___, the Bolsheviks became a party dedicated to violent revolution. (1 point)